Using rough estimates, the manager can determine and plan portfolio items against the set skill availability:
- When you have added rough estimates via the canvas, they will be shown in the Capacity planning tab.
- The total required capacity per skill appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Per skill you can indicate in this bottom screen how many hours per week are available by clicking on the calendar icon.
- For availability, enter a start and end date and the available hours or FTE per week. If this differs per week, you can enter multiple start and end dates.
- In the bottom screen you can see what the availability is:
- A red bar means that there is insufficient capacity.
- A yellow bar means that there is more capacity than is requested.
- A green bar means that there is sufficient capacity for the estimated skills
- Then plan the right project and the required skills by clicking on the bar of the rough estimate and choosing Start planningcode>.