Scenario planning can be used to investigate changes in data and the associated impact for a portfolio. Using scenarios, managers can rearrange start and end dates and durations of portfolio items and see the impact:
- Go to Capacity planning. Select the Scenario checkbox and choose an existing scenario or create a new scenario.
- The Scenario column is then added. In that column values can be adjusted by clicking on BEWERKcode>.
- You can adjust start and end dates or drag items yourself in time to test scenarios.
- In the Gantt you can see the changes compared to the current schedule. The blue lines (baselines) show the original position of plan items.
- By clicking Pas dit scenario toe op het portfolio te klikkencode> in the drop-down menu, the current position of the portfolio items will be overwritten and the new scenario will be adopted as the start and end date for the portfolio items.
- Note: When scenario mode is enabled, column values cannot be edited.
- Note: The scenario functionalities can only be created and changed by managers. Readers can only view the functionalities.