This article describes which file types are supported for imports and exports.
Supported file types
- File imports: CSV and XML are supported
- File exports: CSV, XML and HTML are supported
- Fortes Change Cloud and Principal Toolbox both support the W3C XML specification
- XML files have to be formatted with the root tag <objects> and correctly named object tags; you can use an export to find the correct object tags
- The import file has to contain all fields that you configure in the field mapping of your import task
- XML files have to be UTF-8 encoded
- Column headers can only contain regular characters or “_” (no special characters, no spaces!)
- Each line must contain all fields
- The standard separator is semicolon ‘;’. The separator is configurable in the import task
- This export file type has to be activated by licence key. Please contact customer Support.