A project manager can check in the Project app whether the planning of various projects continues to meet the set milestones:
- Once the portfolio manager has defined his milestones including planning, this planning can be saved as a
baseline. That means these dates are remembered / stored.
- If the project manager then reports on those milestones and the due date of a particular task or milestone has shifted from the baseline, this will become clear to the portfolio manager.
- The initial baseline is visible as a thin line underneath the current planning. This way, it is clear to the portfolio manager that the schedule has deviated from the initial baseline.
A schedule that is in line with the initial baseline looks like this:
A schedule that has shifted from the initial baseline looks like this:
- Under the button
filtersyou can set which baseline is displayed.
- The portfolio manager has the ability to save an initial and a current baseline. In this way, the adjusted planning can also be saved as a new baseline, if the portfolio manager agrees with the changes made by the project manager.
- The initial baseline can still be saved to look back on the original schedule.