This topic describes how to view or change the compatibility level of a database in SQL Server by using SQL Server Management Studio.
Using SQL Server Management StudioTo view or change the compatibility level of a database
- After connecting to the appropriate instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, in Object Explorer, click the server name.
- Expand Databases, and, depending on the database, either select a user database or expand System Databases and select a system database.
- Right-click the database, and then click Properties.The Database Properties dialog box opens.
- In the Select a page pane, click Options.The current compatibility level is displayed in the Compatibility level list box.
- To change the compatibility level, select a different option from the list. The choices are SQL Server 2008 (100), SQL Server 2012 (110), or SQL Server 2014 (120). We recommend SQL Server 2012 (110) as compatibility level!