The dashboard tab enables you to create an overview of project information. It enables you to create insight in a project or to update others on the status and progress of a project.
This article answers the following questions:
- What is the goal of the dashboard tab?
- Which different canvas segments can I use?
- How to I use the dashboard tab?
What is the goal of the dashboard tab?
On the Dashboard tab you can create an overview of the project. How you want to organize the tab is up to you! This way you can put all relevant information about your project here in order to see at a glance what is going on at the moment, such as the stakeholders, the background of the project or the expected completion. The dashboard is made up of canvas segments. These canvas segments can display a variety of information and can be positioned however you want. This is why the dashboard tab is much like the canvasses that are used in, for example, the portfolio funnel in the Portfolio app or on the kanban board in the Project app.
Which different canvas segments can I use?
A canvas is made up of different segments. By combining these segments you can create the overview that suits your organization. This tab uses the following canvas segments:
The different canvas segment types each have their own purpose and function. Do you want to know more about the functions of the canvas segment types? Then read All about canvasses .
How to I use the dashboard tab?
- Decide which information should be displayed on this tab. You can choose to display general information about the project on this tab. However, you could also create a financial overview or display information that is relevant for all members of the project.
- Add canvas segments by clicking
Customize pageand then
+ add segment. Choose the desired segment and add it to the page.
- Drag the segment to move it and click-and-drag the right bottom corner to change the size of the segment.
- Hint: use the same colors on segments that contain information that belongs together. This ensures a clear overview.
- More information on creating and arranging canvasses and canvas segments can be found at All about canvasses.
- Save the page by clicking
- Fill in the information as desired. Note that some information cannot be edited on this page or is filled in automatically. It could, for example, be that the start date and end date can only be edited on portfolio level.