The portfolio reporting tab enables you to report important information, for example milestones or statusses, to the portfolio your project belongs to. It is, therefore, a quick and easy way to communicate information to the relevant people.
This article answers the following questions:
- What is the goal of the portfolio reporting tab?
- How do I create a portfolio report?
- How do I fill in a portfolio report?
What is the goal of the portfolio reporting tab?
A portfolio manager can send a report request to a project from the portfolio. When they do this, they request the project manager to fill in a report, for example about the progress or the cost incurred. When the report is filled, the project manager can publish it to the portfolio. This causes the information in the portfolio to be updated with the most recent information from the report. In short, the portfolio reporting tab enables the project manager to report to the portfolio the project belongs to in an easy way.
How do I create a portfolio report?
A portfolio report is created in the reporting tab in the Portfolio app. The portfolio manager can send a report request for one or more portfolio-items, so the relevant people can update the information in the report model. In other words, a portfolio manager can send a report request to a project, so the project manager has to update the information in the report. This causes the information to stay up-to-date.
Since this functionality is part of the Portfolio app, more information will be provided in the texts on the Portfolio app.
How do I fill in a portfolio report?
- Check if there is a report to fill in. You can recognize a new reporting request by an hourglass as report status. You can also have received an email with the request to fill in the report.
- Fill in or edit the information in the report by clicking the edit button. The portfolio manager has chosen what information they want you to update.
- Publish the report to the portfolio when you have filled in the report by clicking
Publish to portfolio. This step makes sure the information in the report is passed on to the portfolio, so the information in the portfolio is up-to-date.